Monday, January 30, 2012

How I use Writing as a tool for learning in my major.

My name is Jeanelle Angus and I chose Legal Studies as my major. In Legal Studies Writing is a very important tool for learning. As a person who is practicing law, it involves the application of abstract legal theories and knowledge to solve specific individualized problems, which means I have to do a lot of Research and Writing.While I'm doing a Research I read the information based on a specific case and write what I'm going to present for the case to the Judge, and this is how I use Writing as a tool in my major.

2 comments:

  1. Writing is definitely an important tool in your career. I couldnt even imagine how much writing you may have to pursue to accomplish your tasks at hand for you profession.But im sure with practice and time with writing, you would accomplish your task and more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former Law Enforcement Officer I completly understand where you are coming from. I was always impressed by both attorneys in the court room espically when arguing during a supression hearing. The amount of research that goes into once paper for them is crazy and the amount of information they can obtain is almost endless. If a written motion is not correct or put together sloppy, well there goes your case and crediablity with the judge.

    ReplyDelete