Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gun Violence vs Law Abiding Citizen (My Doc. 3 Title)

Doc. 3 became very hard for me because as a Legal Studies major, I have a lot of legal and political topics that I wanted to share with my classmates and Professor. One of them that drew my attention even more was "Gun Violence vs Law Abiding Citizen" because I'm a huge fan of gun control. When I first heard about the Sandy Hook Elementary incident, which took place in Newtown, Connecticut, I felt heartbroken.

This incident was performed by 20 year old, Adam Lanza who happens to be the son of Nancy Lanza, who was a victim of the fatal shooting as well. The Incident started at the home of “Adam Lanza, where he shot his mother four times in the face as she lay in bed on the morning of Dec. 14, 2012, then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, armed with four guns. He brought three of them into the school, including a Bushmaster AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. About 9:35 a.m., he shot his way through the glass windows at the school entrance, immediately fatally shot Principal Dawn Hochsprung and school psychologist Mary Scherlach and went on to kill a total of 26 people,” (Conn, 2013).

I don't know why someone like Adam Lanza, would do this especially knowing he grew up in a well-mannerable home and his mom was also a teacher at the School. Again, this situation was sad when I heard it and that's why I chose this topic as a Doc.3 topic. Hope everyone has fun discussing their favorite topics and good luck.

1 comment:

  1. I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and stand your ground. This kid was a case of mental illness and his mother knew but enabled him by giving him the funding and whatever he wanted. The whole incident is tragic but stopping gun control is impossible you can find anything on the streets regardless if it's legal or illegal.

    ReplyDelete